Thursday, August 4, 2011

The day I met George A. Romero

Photobucket

So, I'm sure a lot of you out there have idols. What would you do if you got to meet one of them? Today I'm going to tell you about the day I met mine.

One day my best friend, Jill, texted me and said that George Romero was going to be in Harvard Square the next day. After my initial freak out of "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG", I texted her back, asked for the deets, and discussed transportation options with the boyfriend. Since Massachusetts has a wonderful thing called "Public Transportation", it was decided that the two of us would bus/train it, and meet up with her before the Meet and Greet. Then all three of us, as well as a mutual friend all went to the mall to get us some DVDs for signing. I got Day of the Dead, which is my favorite of all of his movies. The boyfriend got Diary of the Dead, and I believe Jill got Dawn.

The next day, we woke up bright and early and set off for the bus stop, with my little brother in tow, because, how could we leave him behind? We got there about 2 hours early, and there was no line. Just a few people sitting on a bench outside the store who continually left and came back. So we ended up being 3rd in line (no idea how that happened) and we saved Jill a spot for when she got there. As you can imagine, the wait was excruciating. Everyone standing there, talking about zombies. Until that is, the crowd roared, and a very tall man with a long gray pony tail and thick black glasses came in. He sat behind the register, and the signing began. Apparently I was more excited than I thought, as everyone kept asking me if I needed to sit down. What can I say? I wear my emotions on my face.

Finally, the moment came. Super nervous, I walked over to the man himself, Mr. George Romero. He asked me my name and signed my movie, then I went on to wait for the others. As far as I could tell, he was a nice guy. Of course, I only met him for a minute, so it's not like I can really judge. Afterwards I think we went for pizza or bubble tea (or both!), I don't really remember, but the day it's self is something that I'll never forget.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment